1. What’s in this policy?
This policy tells you:
* What information we might collect about you
* How we might use that information
* When we might use your details to contact you
* What information of yours we might share with others
* Your control over personal information you give us
2. What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the services that are offered by Afritail well as other services provided under the Afritail brand including Afritail social media pages.
What’s not covered in this policy?
How do you protect my personal information?
We’re committed to keeping your information safe and we keep this at the center of our design process. We are constantly evaluating the best options available to media companies when it comes to guaranteeing the safety of our most important stakeholders, you.
That said, no service can be completely secure. If at any time, you feel your personal information is at risk, for example, a concern that someone got a hold of your password, you should contact us immediately. We’ll be happy to guide you through your options for changing your password.
Where we store your information
While our data centers are located in The United States for now, some of our partners or service providers may choose to host and process your information in a location outside of Nigeria. Security is a critical factor when we consider who we work with, Some companies that provide services to us run their services from outside Nigeria/the European Economic Area. We only let that happen if we are satisfied with their levels of security. Keep in mind that when you give us personal information it could be transferred, stored or processed in a location outside Nigeria/Africa/the EEA.
What types of personal information does BusinessDay collect about me?
Every time we ask for your personal information, we’ll give details about why we need it and how we’ll use it before you begin.
1. Information that you give to us
Most frequently we will ask for information like Name, date of birth, and contact details. Occasionally, depending on what you’re signing up for, we may ask for other information.
1. Device information
* Your computer
* Your mobile
* Your TV
* Your tablet
We automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers even when you’re not signed into an Afritail account. This might include:
* IP (internet protocol) address
* Device ID
* App ID
1. Information on your activities outside Afritail when you talk about us
An example such as Afritail being mentioned in a Twitter post, your Twitter handle will be collected.
What if I have an Afritail account?
When you register for a Afrital account or update your details or settings we ask for some personal information, like your email address and age. We also collect information about how you use our services, as the articles you read and the programmes you subscribe to.
5. How long will Afritail keep my personal information?
When you give us any personal information we’ll let you know how long we’ll hold it for. And always stick to these principles:
* We only hold your information for as long as we do the activities we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it.
* We think about what type of information it is, the amount collected, how sensitive it might be and any legal requirements.
* We design our services so that we don’t hold your information any longer than we have to
* We may close your Afritail account if you haven’t used it within a designated period of time. We’ll always send you an email to tell you that we plan to do this before we delete anything, so please check to see if we’ve sent you any emails about this.
6. How can Afritail use my personal information?
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. It’s called the “lawful basis for processing“. Sometimes we might ask your permission to do things, like when you subscribe to an email. Other times, when you’d reasonably expect us to use your personal information, we don’t ask your permission, but only when:
* The law says it’s fine to use it, and
* It fits with the rights you have.
We use your information for these types of things:
1. To deliver our services and to provide you with information about the. b. To deal with your requests, complaints and enquiries. c. To personalize services and give you things more tailored to your tastes e. To show you relevant advertising on another company’s site. f. To help us understand what kind of services you might use
And sometimes how you might share things with other people.
1. To recommend things we think might interest you h. To show you advertising when you access a Afritail service from outside Nigeria
Some of this advertising might be tailored to you.
1. To research and innovate
We learn from you daily and knowing how you use our services could help us build better products for you.
1. To contact you about various things
2. When will BusinessDay use my information to contact me?
We might use your information to contact you about different things, like:
* To update you on any changes to the BusinessDay’s policies, practices.
* To check with you about any service or activity you’ve signed up for.
* To contact you about a news tip or creative you sent us.
* To answer you when you’ve contacted us, or to respond to a comment or complaint.
* To invite you to take part in surveys about BusinessDay services, which are always voluntary.
* For marketing purposes.
* To send you notification of events or new products you might enjoy.
We’ll only contact you when we need to or when you’ve given us permission.
We’ll never contact you to ask for your BusinessDay account password.
8. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
If you’re a subscriber you’ll receive a regular morning and evening brief of the news and top stories. If you’ve transacted with Afritail in recent times you may occasionally receive a reminder about how you can help support our journalistic mission by paying for a subscription. Other than on those occasions, we’ll only send you marketing emails or contact you about Afritail programs, services and your views on issues about the Afritail if you’ve agreed to this.
Keep in mind, even if you unsubscribe, we may still contact you.
Will my personal information be used when Afritail advertises with other companies?
If you have an Afritail account we might use information that we hold about you to show you relevant and “targeted advertising” through other companies’ sites, like Facebook, Google, Snapchat or Twitter for example. This could be showing you a BusinessDay advertising message where we know you have a BusinessDay account and have used BusinessDay services.
If you don’t want to see our targeted advertising, you can set ad preferences in your social media companies’ settings. Also, you can visit your BusinessDay account and turn off personalization, but it will also turn off all personalized services.
9. How will I find out about changes to this policy?
We update this policy sometimes. If we make important changes, like how we use your personal information, we’ll let you know. It might be a notice, an email, or a message in your app.
If you don’t agree to the changes, then you can always stop using our services, delete your account and stop giving us any more personal information. We’d be sorry to see you go.
15. How can I contact the Afritail? You can contact Afritail by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To contribute articles to Afritail, send us a request alongside the title of the blog post to email@example.com
Have quick questions? Ask in the form below.
Afritail is an African-centered blog that exposes retailing insights, simple and complex marketing sales strategies, ideas on possible growth, and general consumer behavior.
To catch up on new publication and posts